• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Guess the *BUS* Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave12435

Open floor???
3762617235_35b63233e1_o.jpg

This should be interesting
Was a bi of an ugly bruiser at the time but the place had character and atmosphere u know

Note not mine will credit source of correct guessed

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dave12435

Canterbury (old version)

You are correct
That was easier than I anticipated even after I blanked out everything that could possibly give away like the boards at bottom left advertising the long gone and long missed east kent coach tours
The original bus station was demolished and rebuilt along with the surrounding area around the year 2000
Original image
https://www.flickr.com/photos/22455491@N02/3762617235
Martyn Hearson
Bus is on route 604 to Herne Bay and Whitstable now routes 4 and 6

Open Floor!!

Last edited:

madannie77

I am surprised that the old bus station was replaced so recently.

Regardless of the blanking out, the bus made me think of East Kent before any other operator. From then on it was merely a matter of finding a photo to confirm my thought.

Anyway, as I can't post anything until tomorrow at the earliest it is open floor again.

dave12435

Change of plan. I unexpectedly have the time to post one, so let's have something a bit more modern.

Small Heath

Yeah I went a bit bonkers blaking anything that might be identifiable as there were even East Kent coach trip boards visible (a very much missed part of the business IMo)

madannie77

It is indeed Eccles. The Solo is one of those recently transferred from Blue Diamond to South Lancs Transport (YJ56AUH) to be precise and is seen loading on a service 61 journey last Saturday. It confused me at the time, and I thought it might cause a bit of confusion on here.

Over to you

Apparently they are rebranding SLT to Blue Diamond North West so it might stay in that livery. Ok, my own pic but might not be as difficult as the last...!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 42
Status
Not open for further replies.