• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Guess the Train...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Class 88? - Open floor if I'm right

Indeed it is AJM580.
88003 taken on Saturday through the window of an LNER carriage, which I thought was quite an interesting contrast between the old and the new...

Open floor it is folks.

Attachments

• IMG_2040.jpg
    IMG_2040.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 20

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Well I know I've only just done one, but what's this then? :)

Attachments

• IMG_2041.JPG
    IMG_2041.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 30

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
I haven't got a clue about most of these, but the quiz fascinates me!

I know that many of them are probably extracts from "proper" photos, but I have this image in my mind of people taking shots of very small parts of locos, purely to enter the quiz. Don't spoil this image if I'm wrong.... !

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator

I know that many of them are probably extracts from "proper" photos, but I have this image in my mind of people taking shots of very small parts of locos, purely to enter the quiz. Don't spoil this image if I'm wrong.... !

Haha no, I think pretty much every photo I've entered on here has been a zoomed in version of a larger photo that I've taken which I'll then show the full version of if someone gets it right.
It's quite amazing though that people can guess something from even the tiniest bit of detail sometimes.

fishquinn

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster

I'll occasionally take photos of close ups to put in the quiz, so you're not wrong about all of us!

For the current one - is it a 56?

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
Haha no, I think pretty much every photo I've entered on here has been a zoomed in version of a larger photo that I've taken which I'll then show the full version of if someone gets it right.
It's quite amazing though that people can guess something from even the tiniest bit of detail sometimes.

I'll occasionally take photos of close ups to put in the quiz, so you're not wrong about all of us!

Thanks, both .... ! I agree with the bolded words as well.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Thanks, both .... ! I agree with the bolded words as well.

Go on EbbwJunction have a guess, it's a locomotive, it's a mainline registered locomotive and there's no wires above it so I can tell you that it's a diesel of some sort.
That narrows it down a bit. :)

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Is it a 60?

Correct, well done. 60100 at the Severn Valley diesel gala on Friday (sorry RJ, you didn't quite get there in time).
Your turn r37.

Attachments

• IMG_2041.jpg
    IMG_2041.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 14

r37

Brill! My first post on this quiz and I actually guessed it right. :D

I hope this isn't too easy.. I don't have any better pictures at the moment.

Attachments

• 20170525_143813-1.jpg
    20170525_143813-1.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 19

RJ21

Judging by my photos of 66s, I am going for just forward and below the cab side window.

RJ21

It probably helped that I used a very similar photo of a 66 in this quiz shortly after it started.

Have a go with this one.

Attachments

• AdobePhotoshopExpress_abd5644db6e446dcbb4426f72b1576db.jpg
    AdobePhotoshopExpress_abd5644db6e446dcbb4426f72b1576db.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 11