• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Guess the Train...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Not a 47 either.

That only really leaves one class that carried that livery and sector which is still in service today...............................................

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
That would be the first time I'd seen 86s or 90s with fuel tanks on them... When I said "one other class" I was going by the fact that everyone seemed to have spotted the fuel tank in the picture...

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
@Peter Mugridge I was going to say class 56 but then I noticed that @ls2270 had already guessed that but you did not confirm whether that guess was correct or not?

That's odd - for some reason that post wasn't visible to me!!! Looks to have been posted seconds before my response to the previous two; that's probably why.

Thank you for flagging that up.

I can see it ( i.e. the post ) now, and yes - it is a 56; ls2270 therefore has the floor.

Attachments

• Peter Archive 5239.jpg
    Peter Archive 5239.jpg
    861.4 KB · Views: 8

ls2270

Established Member
That's odd - for some reason that post wasn't visible to me!!! Looks to have been posted seconds before my response to the previous two; that's probably why.

Thank you for flagging that up.

I can see it ( i.e. the post ) now, and yes - it is a 56; ls2270 therefore has the floor.
In which case, open floor!