• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR 143 diagrams ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksu461

Hey.

I'm going down to Devon for a week completely unfamiliar territory By good 100 railmiles.

For my sins I would rather like to go on a 143 and currently plotting a plan to have two of the seven days down there out on the rails. So any gen on where they plod about would be great. Would be a Sunday / bank holiday Monday I would be about.

Thanks
Jamie.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Andydurrant

Hey.

I'm going down to Devon for a week completely unfamiliar territory By good 100 railmiles.

For my sins I would rather like to go on a 143 and currently plotting a plan to have two of the seven days down there out on the rails. So any gen on where they plod about would be great. Would be a Sunday / bank holiday Monday I would be about.

Thanks
Jamie.
Hi Jamie

Saw a couple of double sets at Dawlish running between Exmouth and Taunton.
Would say Exeter would be the best location.

RPI

Established Member
They're used exclusively on the "Triangle of doom" which is barnstaple/Exmouth/Paignton, occasionally one may slip the net to Plymouth or Bristol on the 1550 Exeter St David's to Plymouth or the 1852 Paignton to Bristol Temple Meads

Parallel

Established Member
Exeter Central/ Exeter St David’s is your best bet, they are very common there.

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Just sit at Exeter St Davids for a couple of hours and all those in traffic should pass through. If there are any out of service they may be in view if you look across towards the depot.

Status
Not open for further replies.