• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR 150's

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJDevon

As I understand it all GWR's 150s are now based at Exeter but certainly up until the last timetable change there was at least one 150 diagram in the Bristol area. Is this still the case?

Secondly, are the two 150/0 sets still due to leave GWR in April - presumably for Northern?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Apedlar12

As I understand it all GWR's 150s are now based at Exeter but certainly up until the last timetable change there was at least one 150 diagram in the Bristol area. Is this still the case?

Secondly, are the two 150/0 sets still due to leave GWR in April - presumably for Northern?

1. I believe that there aren't any booked diagrams in the Bristol area to be formed of 150s anymore however the 150/0s aren't on any specific diagrams atm so they are mainly just covering for other units so are getting used in the Bristol area. There has been some 150/2s used in the Bristol area also but again, this is probably them covering for other units.

2. Yes, 150001/002 are still due to be leaving at the end of March / beginning of April for Northern.

I've seen a handful of 150/2s working in multiple with 158s on the Cardiff- Portsmouth services recently. I'm guessing they're filling in for 158s and turbos. I've also seen both 001 and 002 working Portsmouth services on their own- that must be a pretty miserable journey.

Other than that they seem to have pretty much disappeared from the Bristol area. I can't say I'll miss them. Hope Northern enjoy them.

Parallel

Established Member
One of the 150/0 twins was working the 16:45 Bristol Parkway to Warminster train yesterday. Was delayed and overcrowded, and the lights and engine weren’t working in the rear carriage and the train eventually rolled into Warminster 21 minutes late.

WesternLancer

Established Member

In case you are interested - see the 150/0 GWR railtour thread on the preserved railways and tours topic

sftfan1909

The 0900 Cardiff - Taunton often varies. This morning it was 2x150, although I have also seen it as 158s.

There seems to have been quite a few 150/2s covering services around Bristol for 158s as of late.

I've seen a handful of 150/2s working in multiple with 158s on the Cardiff- Portsmouth services recently. I'm guessing they're filling in for 158s and turbos. I've also seen both 001 and 002 working Portsmouth services on their own- that must be a pretty miserable journey.

Other than that they seem to have pretty much disappeared from the Bristol area. I can't say I'll miss them. Hope Northern enjoy them.
we in the Northern area will not enjoy them,worst trains on the network including the 144s

Cletus

Established Member
150002 was working in the Bristol area Thursday-Saturday last week whilst I was in the area.

WesternLancer

Established Member
Compared to the 150s which were refitted with 2+2 seating, they are not the best. Especially the ones (like 001 & 002) with high density airline 3+2 seating
That's true - didn't realise some of the GW ones have the 3+2 seating.

warwickshire

On Moderation
Is the two gwr scuds 001 and 002 prmed or not. Will northern put them straight into use or not. Because iff end March early April is true then these are two candidates to replace 142. However back to gwr 150 thread are these units prmed etc.

R G NOW.

we in the Northern area will not enjoy them,worst trains on the network including the 144s
My memory reminds me of the old slam door DMU'S we had on the Cardiff to Cheltenham line in the 1980's. When the class 150 arrived we thought they were luxury to what we'd been use to. Now it seems every one hates them along with the pacers.

WesternLancer

Established Member
My memory reminds me of the old slam door DMU'S we had on the Cardiff to Cheltenham line in the 1980's. When the class 150 arrived we thought they were luxury to what we'd been use to. Now it seems every one hates them along with the pacers.
Yes, I recall the 150s being the latest thing in modernity at the time, though I thought the 151s looked more stylish but never rode in one - did they have better seating / layout?)
Being an SR resident I had high hopes for the 210s when they appeared, but that was not to be...again failed to ride in one.

Status
Not open for further replies.