• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR 3803 Sold by South Devon Railway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ex-GWR 2884 2-8-0 No. 3803 has been sold by the South Devon Railway, with the Dartmouth Steam Railway and Riverboat Company purchasing the 1939-built locomotive for an undisclosed fee.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DarloRich

Veteran Member
is it wrong that i want to see one of those football club social media style splashes: P&D welcomes 3803 (with the loco pointing at the "club" badge?)

Undisclosed fee is also very frustrating. Let us know what the club has spent on new players ;)

( It also looks like the club have brought in long term injury casualty 2873 as cover until the end of the season)

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
is it wrong that i want to see one of those football club social media style splashes: P&D welcomes 3803 (with the loco pointing at the "club" badge?)

Undisclosed fee is also very frustrating. Let us know what the club has spent on new players ;)

( It also looks like the club have brought in long term injury casualty 2873 as cover until the end of the season)

3803 runs onto the line kissing the Dartmouth Steam Railway badge with its buffer…

DarloRich

Veteran Member
3803 runs onto the line kissing the Dartmouth Steam Railway badge with its buffer…
dream come true. Always wanted to chuff for a big line. Loved my time on SDR but when a big line comes calling you cant turn it down. Want to chuff at the highest level and test myself again the big engines.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
dream come true. Always wanted to chuff for a big line. Loved my time on SDR but when a big line comes calling you cant turn it down. Want to chuff at the highest level and test myself again the big engines.
You can’t keep a loco at a line he doesn’t want to chuff for Gary. His smokebox was turned and that was it.

Last edited:

The new signing enjoys playing with a two-eight-two formation which is a break away from the conventional four-four-two. It has a reputation for being solid in midfield

D6968

Hard grafter, puts in a shift, likes to get stuck in, always a 7 out of 10 every week. Is there any other cliche I’ve missed?

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Hard grafter, puts in a shift, likes to get stuck in, always a 7 out of 10 every week. Is there any other cliche I’ve missed?

Delivers the goods!
Solid station to station chugger. Not flashy, gets the job done. Great boiler on it. Will get up and down the line week after week. Not scared to get stuck into the heavy stuff.

Personally I don't think 2873 will ever turn a wheel for SDR considering his injury record but if they can get him fit he will be solid chugger.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I think 2873s boiler used to be away at Tyseley .

I wonder what they’ll end up doing with 2873? Apart from the cab and the outside cylinders are the 2800 and 2884 class basically the same?

The DSR isn’t a line that takes on things to sit rusting in sidings generally…

Ashley Hill

Established Member
The original owners openly admitted she was only bought for spares,wheels and cylinder block. Its sad but as DarloRich suggests I doubt it'll ever turn a wheel in preservation.

Status
Not open for further replies.