GWR Application

Discussion in 'Railway Jobs & Careers' started by Rammstein, 13 Sep 2017.

1. TomCo91

TomCo91 Member

Ah good idea. You don't have that one do you please?

I don't like to chase but i'd just like formal confirmation so i can politely turn down the other job.

2. CAlexandria

CAlexandria Member

Hey guys! Got my offer for customer host on Friday! Start date of November 20th :) has anyone ordered their uniform yet?? I’ve tried following the link but says it can’t open the page? Any suggestions? X

3. wils180

wils180 Member

if you can't access the webpage jistbdrop the uniform guys an email. do you have the uniform email address?

4. CAlexandria

CAlexandria Member

Hey wils180... thanks for the reply. Managed to open it from my laptop.. don’t think it liked it on my phone. There’s so much uniform?! Silly question but do I need it all?

5. wils180

wils180 Member

oh right i see haha! and yeah there's loads isn't there, don't know where i'm gonna put half of it! you don't need it all, there are a few optional items at the bottom of the list in the shaded grey bit, you also get two choices of shirts when you only need one for example, but everything else you need haha

6. CAlexandria

CAlexandria Member

What position have you gone for? Sorry if this is earlier in the feed!

7. CAlexandria

CAlexandria Member

Haha... when I saw the list I thought I’m gunna need a new wardrobe just for uniform okay that’s cool! Didn’t want to order more than I needed... and do it take the full allocation for each item?

8. wils180

wils180 Member

yeah you have to take the full allocation of the required items haha, gonna need a forklift to get it in me car

9. TomCo91

TomCo91 Member

Hi, Congratulations on the job! This is for a Train Manager position based out of Bristol TM

10. CAlexandria

CAlexandria Member

Amazing!! Thanks TomCo91, congrats too!!!!

Ordering my uniform? What are the points?! Also wondering why I only have an allocation for dresses and not trousers/skirts? Any suggestions?

11. TomCo91

TomCo91 Member

Thanks very much! Can't wait to start haha, as i bet you can't either!

With regards to the uniform issue - I would probably just drop them an email on the address provided on the uniform ordering portal and explain the error. Would assume from that they've just set it to a female allocation rather than male :D

12. CAlexandria

CAlexandria Member

I can’t wait! It seems ages away!! Yeah possibly.. there’s some other weird items on there too! Will give them a call in the morning. Thanks for the help!!

13. TomCo91

TomCo91 Member

No worries at all. Yes it does seem like a long way off yet but sure it'll come round quickly enough! May see you on the 20th or at some point that week - Who knows :)

14. CAlexandria

CAlexandria Member

May see you then! If not good luck with everything. Do you know where your training is?!

15. TomCo91

TomCo91 Member

Thanks and the same to you. No I'm not sure. assume there's a few days in Swindon and rest in Bristol but I might be totally wrong

16. CAlexandria

CAlexandria Member

Thanks! I’ve heard it’s either Swindon or Bristol! I’d definitely prefer Bristol though!

17. tiptoptaff

tiptoptaff Established Member

Hello both, and welcome to GWR.

IF you are both TMs - you will do your corporate induction and retail foundations in Swindon, then the rest will be at the SPM training school. You will get a lovely excel spreadsheet type report telling you what training courses you will have to do, how many days they are and where they are a bit nearer your start date.

If you want any information please feel free to DM me

TTT

18. CAlexandria

CAlexandria Member

Hi tiptoptaff, I’ve got a customer host position? Do you know what/where the training is for this? Couldn’t see how to dm you

19. tiptoptaff

I think you can do it through clicking on my profile. The old forum was so much easier

20. KLL94

KLL94 Member

Hey all! My start date is the 4th December! It seems so far away, but can't wait to get started!

21. CAlexandria

CAlexandria Member

Yess girl!!!!

22. KLL94

KLL94 Member

So excited to work with you!

23. wils180

wils180 Member

That's cool! I have a few questions re TM Training. Do you know if the training is just monday to friday 9-5? and do you know where paddington based tms do the rest of their training, i.e. not SPM?

24. KLL94

KLL94 Member

Hi guys,

How long after getting your 'fit to work' certificate did you get your formal offer ?

Thanks in advance!

25. tiptoptaff

There is a training centre at Reading which is where I believe East region staff would go. Inductions still likely to be at Swindon

26. wils180

wils180 Member

okay cool thanks!

27. eastldn

eastldn Member

I only just got my conditional offer after 2 weeks. Hopefully everything else checks out.

28. CAlexandria

CAlexandria Member

Amazi
    ng! Congrats!!! Where for?

29. eastldn

eastldn Member

Paddington . Still more processes to go through yet but finally got something back.

30. CAlexandria

CAlexandria Member