• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR assessment invite and uninvite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bucephalus

Yesterday I got invited to an assessment day in October! However, after immediately telling them that I'd failed my group bourdon with Southern 2 days prior I have since received an email saying that I am unsuccessful.

Is this normal? Is it simply because of my assessment with southern?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Twotwo

You have to wait 6 months to do the assesments again if you failed.

Stigy

Established Member
Yesterday I got invited to an assessment day in October! However, after immediately telling them that I'd failed my group bourdon with Southern 2 days prior I have since received an email saying that I am unsuccessful.

Is this normal? Is it simply because of my assessment with southern?
As has been said, unfortunately you cannot take another assessment due to having to wait 6-months between failed attempts. This is generic across the board I’m afraid.

NayNae

Hi,

I finally got an assessment invite after applying in November. Actually forgot about that I had applied as this is the first I am hearing from them. Anyway, I have a 2 month commitment starting 2 days before my assessment date, would asking to postpone hinder my chances of getting another date???

Established Member
Hi,

I finally got an assessment invite after applying in November. Actually forgot about that I had applied as this is the first I am hearing from them. Anyway, I have a 2 month commitment starting 2 days before my assessment date, would asking to postpone hinder my chances of getting another date???
You are unlikely to get another assessment date.

Stigy

Established Member
Hi,

Hi,

It’s best to start a new thread if your question is specific to you. Since it’s quite an easy one, I’ll answer it here.

The simple answer is, it’s unlikely. However, recruitment are the best people to ask. It depends on a few factors I’d imagine, including how much space they have and how many assessments. When I initially said my medical date could pose problems, they said I might not get another one (and that’s at the conditional offer stage), so I’d imagine assessments would be similar, especially given the relatively early stage of the process you’re at.

The same for most TOCs and FOCs unfortunately. It’s a very competitive process. (I went for my medical on the original date by the way.....through hell or high water I wasn’t gonna blow this one haha).

Status
Not open for further replies.