• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR assessment

Status
Not open for further replies.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Got an assessment at Swindon tomorrow afternoon for the role of Customer Host for GWR, just wondered if anyone has attended this assessment for whatever role and what I should expect? :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hi,I attended an assessment day 2 weeks ago for same role at Penzance.group work on different topics (customer,safety)etc.try to interact with people don't sit and be quiet.good luck

ValleyLines142

Established Member
I had a look online at what is involved with the assessment (I could have guessed role play, team building exercises etc) and went onto a website but got a load of negative reviews. Many people said the interview was flawed and biased! Apparently one applicant turned up twenty minutes late in casual clothing and was still invited to complete the assessment! Such a shame on a big company like GWR if they act like this!

Jonb106

I had a look online at what is involved with the assessment (I could have guessed role play, team building exercises etc) and went onto a website but got a load of negative reviews. Many people said the interview was flawed and biased! Apparently one applicant turned up twenty minutes late in casual clothing and was still invited to complete the assessment! Such a shame on a big company like GWR if they act like this!

So if you already knew, why did you ask?! Lol.

Don't bother reading the reviews. Turn up, enjoy the day and get involved if you want the job. It's no good going into an assessment with a hazy opinion that you've gained from reading online!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The interviews are competency based now,about what you've done in certain situations in past employment I.e. Safety situation,upset customer,team work.i wouldn't read too much into bad comments as they are probably spur of the moment from people who were unsuccessful.how did your assessment go?

Rammstein

When I had my assessment day a couple of weeks ago I had my interview about 10 mins after I was told that I was successful in the assessment.

When did you find out that you had the job, and was it an email or telephone call? Congrats btw!

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Just to re-ignite this thread, I've applied again for the same role and have my assessment in Swindon tomorrow. Any advice/tips?

Thanks

Hi,be yourself! you will probably have to do an introduction of yourself.then discuss topics as a group(ie safety,standards etc) good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.