• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR Booking Anomaly - Wigan to Manchester Piccadilly 7th April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miken

Can anyone shed light on this? I regularly use the GWR booking site and App for my e-tickets for frequent business journeys. Today I'm trying to book a Senior Railcard Off-Peak Single from Wigan Wallgate (1149) to Manchester Piccadilly (1236) for Thursday 7th April. On entering the details I'm getting a message stating "We can't find any tickets for this journey". If I search Wigan to Salford Crescent or Wigan to Stockport on the same train, fares are then displayed to book. Searches on the Trainline and Northern all reveal bookable tickets. Is there some strange anomaly here or am I going bonkers? I guess I can buy a Wigan-Stockport and stop short but just don't understand what is preventing me booking Manchester on this site.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

realemil

This appears to be an issue with GWR itself. Most likely an anomaly and interesting that it doesn’t show up.

Miken

OK Many thanks, its the only problem I've had on this site so far so will just get a ticket to Stockport and get off at Piccadilly.

janb

Presumably site is failing to look for the required fares with Manchester Central Zone as the destination.

Status
Not open for further replies.