• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR Class 800

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domh245

Established Member
HASTE - Hybrid Advanced Service Train, Express (or something like that)

Haste, has connotations of speed and elegance (and doing a bit of a bodge job) and you might as well sell the fact that some of them are bimodal, and they've all got a last mile engine as well.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I like Prius. Japanese, hybrid, cause of arguments about being purchased for the wrong reasons...

Something like that might have had more appeal, had the original hybrid powered diesel and bi-mode versions of the train (that won the contract), not been changed later on into the underfloor diesel variant that we're getting instead.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Virgin seems to like calling them SUPER Express Trains.

Thats what Hitachi call them, isn't it?

IEP is the project. It was pointed out to me a few weeks back that I shouldn't really call the individual trains IEPs, but I suspect that horse has bolted...

JaJaWa

Established Member

IEP is the project. It was pointed out to me a few weeks back that I shouldn't really call the individual trains IEPs, but I suspect that horse has bolted...

Yes but Virgin uses that capitalisation!

jimm

Established Member
Inordinately Expensive PooTube has been suggested elsewhere :D

Given the Japanese obsession with toilets, I don't think poo will cause problems on these trains, unlike certain other intercity trains I can think of...

dgl

Established Member
The Intercity (I will go at this speed at some point in regular service, honest) 225. Or Intercity 140

po8crg

Did the IC225 ever do that speed in service, back in the "flashing green" days, or were they only test runs?

Noddy

Any news on if/when testing is starting/happening at Old Dalby. Also when are we expecting the next ones to arrive from Japan?

Class 170101

Established Member
I give you British Express Train

Isn't that what the politicans have done with this traion if the loading projections are wrong? :P (BET)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Given the Japanese obsession with toilets, I don't think poo will cause problems on these trains, unlike certain other intercity trains I can think of...

No they will just be full of it.

Did the IC225 ever do that speed in service, back in the "flashing green" days, or were they only test runs?

AIUI biggest problem with 140 mph without in cab singalling and rearranging it all was the loss of the capacity to allow a limited number of fast runs

WatcherZero

Established Member
Newton Aycliffe factory has gained a mainline rail connection.

_81893234_track.jpg

stream_img.jpg

Final Pandrol ceremony
http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/bu...liffe_train_factory_connects_to_rail_network/

7km of sidings and 1km electrified test track built at the factory.

Last edited:

WatcherZero

Established Member
Ooh, I like the coupling cover on the nose opening that way, much sexier than being raised vertically.

Status
Not open for further replies.