• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR conductor assessment

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalmickey

Does anyone know if when you attend the assessments for a trainee conductor with GWR, do you just sit the assessments or do you have an interview and so on?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kim_Badger

Mine was in August for the assessment with tests and then a separate day for a group assessment and interview

metalmickey

Hi Kim, thanks for the reply, it's nice to know that I've just got to concentrate on the tests and not have to worry about an interview.

Wazza082

What assessment tests did you take and what did you do for group assessment. Im guessing customer service role play and consentration tests.

metalmickey

Wazza082 I only sat the first stage of the assessments which consisted of the SCAAT and RAAT test along with a ticket checking and selling test. I did pass and was invited to the final interview but I withdrew my application after being offered a conductor role with Arrival Trains Wales which I start 3rd January.

paul1784

Hi
Sorry for jumping on at the end of this thread but I have my group/individual assessment tomorrow morning.
No official prep work given so I've been swotting up in GWRs mission statement, stats etc. plenty of customer service examples to draw upon.
Does anyone have any other advice on what I can expect?
Thanks

H23068

I have my phone interview next week. Any hints or tips to pass on? Also are most assessment centres held in Bristol or do they have another training/assessment centre?

metalmickey

I have my phone interview next week. Any hints or tips to pass on? Also are most assessment centres held in Bristol or do they have another training/assessment centre?

Hi mate, my telephone interview was based all around customer service, what is good, give an example of where you have received good customer service, why you thought it was good, how you feel about custome service and why you strive to give it, they also touched upon the role of a conductor. As for the assessment centre, mine was held in Swindon train station and I'd applied for a position in Bristol, good luck

H23068

Ah fab thank you for that. I have dome some prep so hopefully in a good place. I've gone for a position at fratton the advert did not stay up long!

So are you in? How did you find the day?

Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.