• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR - Delay Attributor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mtrain

Hi there,

Does anyone know the shift patterns for a Delay Attributor for GWR (in Swindon) ?

Thanks in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

C J Snarzell

Established Member
Mtrain

I cannot answer for GWR, but I work in control at York. I do 4 on then 4 off - 12 hour shifts (7am - 7pm or 7pm - 7am). Generally everyone I've come across in my workplace environment does a similar shift pattern although mine is based on a average 42 hour week. The ladies and gents working for TOCs doing a average 37 hour week will do a 4 on 4 off then 3 on and 4 off. I've recently seen a job advertised with GWR as a Customer Response Manager doing this kind of shift pattern. Is the Delay Attribution job something you've recently applied for?

CJ

tiptoptaff

Established Member
GWR work nothing like the pattern above, just because one TOC works like that doesn't make it reflective of any other at all. Borders on unhelpful to suggest that's the pattern if you don't know.

GWR Delays are MS grade working avg 37hr 5 day week. Work earlies 6-2 and lates 2-10. There are nights but that was until very recently, and probably still is, in its own dedicated link.

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Stands for Management Salaried. Basically it's a management grade with a fixed salary. Unpensionable shift allowance paid on top

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Essentially, there isn't one. Everyone is paid differently depending on role, experience and negotiation

Status
Not open for further replies.