• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR - Delay Attributor

dovimaa

im applying for a delay attributor position and I was wondering if someone could post some example interview questions that may be asked. I understand the role would be dealing with delays but what is the most interesting part of the job. It’s for GWR

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dovimaa

Does anyone know the DAPR, routes, tocs and focs that Swindon’s gwr goes through? It’s for the delay attributor role and I’m trying to prepare lol

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Does anyone know the DAPR, routes, tocs and focs that Swindon’s gwr goes through? It’s for the delay attributor role and I’m trying to prepare lol

I'd suggest looking at the GWR website or national rail maps to get an idea of this. It's all publicly accessible.

Delay Attribution rules might be trickier to find, but there may be some information on Network Rail's website.

Spartacus

Established Member
I think the DAPR's online now, but more than that they should be trying to establish how you can think logically, practically, and work through things quickly and accurately, so expect more in the way of 'give us an example of when you'd done....' type of questions, including those involving networking with others and building working relationships (something I'd say is vital when dealing with control centres you may never visit if you're to stay on their good side: few people like TDAs! AT best they usually think we're a nuisance, worst we're treated with outright suspicion :lol:)

Familiarity with route and trains companies, TOCs and FOCs isn't a bad thing though.