• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR Diversions 5-7 May - HST's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordCreed

The services are being replaced due to engineering work.What is running is far below the.normal service level,changing trains at Didcot is now the norm since electrification.I would much prefer to walk across the platform at Didcot than be cramed sardine style in a two car turbo.

There wasn't a single two car turbo booked between Oxford and Maidenhead

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dren Ahmeti

The overheads weren’t used at all during the weekend/Monday, as far as I know. I know the Class 800’s were having an issue with generic headcodes (due to starting at Maidenhead, not Paddington), so they couldn’t pan up!

cactustwirly

Established Member
The overheads weren’t used at all during the weekend/Monday, as far as I know. I know the Class 800’s were having an issue with generic headcodes (due to starting at Maidenhead, not Paddington), so they couldn’t pan up!

I suspect the Slough blockade mean't that the wires were off. The Reading - Maidenhead & Oxford - Maidenhead stoppers were all turbos, instead of a Didcot - Maidenhead 387 shuttle.

Dren Ahmeti

I suspect the Slough blockade mean't that the wires were off. The Reading - Maidenhead & Oxford - Maidenhead stoppers were all turbos, instead of a Didcot - Maidenhead 387 shuttle.
I believe that the lines were still powered, but the headcode issue and a probably lack of drivers for the 387’s over the Bank Holiday meant that people got the full Turbo experience once again!
My friend did send me a photo of a 3 car Turbo at Tilehurst, they definitely were running as such on the stoppers!

FGW_DID

Established Member
I believe that the lines were still powered, but the headcode issue and a probably lack of drivers for the 387’s over the Bank Holiday meant that people got the full Turbo experience once again!
My friend did send me a photo of a 3 car Turbo at Tilehurst, they definitely were running as such on the stoppers!

There were no 387 diagrams at all over the weekend / BH so nothing to do with driver shortageor alleged lack of units.

FGW_DID

Established Member
Thanks for confirming this! Would you know of any reason why there wasn’t?

That would be a question for Train Planning but at a guess a reduced level of service, enough to be covered by the Turbos only which would also mean being able to cut out the change of Trains at Didcot.

Nippy

The overheads were isolated from the long neutral section west of Maidenhead all the way to Stockley Junction.

Status
Not open for further replies.