• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR Host Employment Offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

EllieHirst

I received a conditional offer today for a customer host position. (yay!) Can someone please let me know what happens next? Specifically how are previous employment references checked? Do GWR do this by phone call, email or in writing? Also will I need to have a DBS check? I don't want to hand in notice to my current job until I know everything is in order. Any info would be appreciated!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stigy

Established Member
Congrats! GWR will check references once you’ve completed the “on-boarding” process (you should have received instructions?) as part of this process you need to supply referees for them to contact. They will then contact them via email assuming you’ve given valid email addresses (employment references have to come from a company email address I believe).

I gave notice in as soon as I received my formal offer or signed my contact (can’t recall exactly) just to be safe. References might be checked after they have sent you a formal offer or even the contract as some referees are harder to get a reply from than others.

All this is on the assumption that it’s the same across the board with GWR (It’s a trainee driver role for me) which I’d imagine it is as the only real difference at this stage is the type of medical you’ll have.

Once you have a formal offer it’s okay to give notice I’d say, depending on when they want you to start. I didn’t do it any sooner because I wanted to make sure I passed the medical. Unless you were dismissed from a previous job your references will be fine. Regarding DBS then yes, you’ll have a basic check done. Again, instructions will be sent at the on-boarding stage.

Trainstrains

Hi Ellie

Congratulations, you must be over the moon!! I got my conditional job offer yesterday too :)

Which station will you be working out of and when do you start?
I'm at the end of August out of Bristol, so we may be on induction together.

I was advised not to hand my notice in until I have passed the medical and had my formal offer. I am just champing at the bit to get started now :)

Do you know anything about the Induction/Training?
I'm wondering how long the classroom part is and whereabouts in the country it will be held.

Clipper747

Hi guys. Congrats to both of you on getting the offer. I my self am going for the assessment next week in Swindon for Customer Host based in Paddington. Any advice for the day would be really appropriated. Don’t know what to expect in terms of test role play and interview if any. Or if there are any other stages after this assessment day. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.