• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR Sat 29th June

Status
Not open for further replies.

56 1/2

I went to Exeter St Davids to meet someone on Saturday afternoon, most of the long distance trains seemed to be delayed, can anyone explain what was happening and why?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dren Ahmeti

I went to Exeter St Davids to meet someone on Saturday afternoon, most of the long distance trains seemed to be delayed, can anyone explain what was happening and why?
Heat speeds messed the service up, as well as a fair amount of trains failing in the heat.
Is there any specific service you’d like to know? I can check it.

56 1/2

Heat speeds messed the service up, as well as a fair amount of trains failing in the heat.
Is there any specific service you’d like to know? I can check it.
It was about 14.30 I got called that a train will not make its connection with the Barnstaple line, would I be the carstitution driver please. I got to St Davids at about 15.30 and everything on the board had a delay, my passengers had come from London, subsequently they told me that a later train on the Barnstaple line was canceled. That could have been a second call out for me.

Are the new trains more lightly to go wrong than the 125s, should GWR not keep the 125s on standby for a while ??

Dren Ahmeti

It was about 14.30 I got called that a train will not make its connection with the Barnstaple line, would I be the carstitution driver please. I got to St Davids at about 15.30 and everything on the board had a delay, my passengers had come from London, subsequently they told me that a later train on the Barnstaple line was canceled. That could have been a second call out for me.

Are the new trains more lightly to go wrong than the 125s, should GWR not keep the 125s on standby for a while ??
It was seemingly all to do with the heat, with multiple services failing (not just the IET’s), a points failure up in Slough, staff displaced etc, wasn’t a very good day!

The HST’s are seemingly more prone to overheating, just a lot of issues all at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.