• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR Seating reservation can you request to change?

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Hello all,

Please move if required, I was going to post in Fares and Advice but it's not to do with the ticket fare or routing guide, it's the reserved seating

I have booked 2 x off peak 1st Return to London, was going to go via Westbury but the seat allocation chucks me two separate single seats in coach K (seats 01 and 17) which is no good travelling together and no mixing seat types would change that so must be full up, so altered to go via Bath instead, better option but now it's only giving me Coach L seats 54 and 57. If I change it, it just bumps me about on different configurations on that table still in coach L.

Travelling with luggage as going for a week I'd prefer coach K as there's luggage facilities, looking on GWR's seating plan for some odd reason there is no facilities for luggage in Coach L annoyingly.

I'm working Rail Replacements this weekend between Westbury and Bath, will have some time either end just wondering would the ticket office be able to change it for me to be in Coach K on the outward trip?

Any help appreciated!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
You can book seats on the GWR site

Sorry forgot to mention that, that's where I did it, gave me option to reserve but you don't get to choose carriage K or L, just seems the computer auto generates a seat, I tried cancelling it and trying again to see if it allocates me to the next carriage, but it won't

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Just drop them a message on Facebook, they’ll be able to change it if there is space.

Didn't know that, tried that and got this message:

Hi. You can make a reservation at myaccount.gwr.com. Please click on ‘view bookings’ and ‘make a seat/bike reservation’. You can do this even if you didn’t buy tickets with us, simply set up an account first. If you are unable to make a reservation for your chosen service it means that all spaces are booked.

I already said I have seats I just to want to move carriages, so I responded by saying I do have a reservation and tickets, I'd just to change seats in coach K from Coach L but I've had no response from that since

cactustwirly

Established Member
Doesn't trainsplit have a selector where you can pick seats?

Can you just avoid booking seats and take seats that are unreserved on the day?

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
Didn't know that, tried that and got this message:

Hi. You can make a reservation at myaccount.gwr.com. Please click on ‘view bookings’ and ‘make a seat/bike reservation’. You can do this even if you didn’t buy tickets with us, simply set up an account first. If you are unable to make a reservation for your chosen service it means that all spaces are booked.

I already said I have seats I just to want to move carriages, so I responded by saying I do have a reservation and tickets, I'd just to change seats in coach K from Coach L but I've had no response from that since
Tweet them instead. "Brad" and "Michaela" and that lot are usually quite helpful.