• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR Sleeper delay Paddington to Penzance Thu 11th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnasher11

So, the sleeper didn't leave Paddington until 02:30 Friday morning as a result of the driver being stuck on an inbound service from Cornwall, due to fallen tree...
We eventually arrived into Penzance some 128 minutes late.
As I was only in the seated section it wasn't the most pleasant of experiences.
Are GWR likely to pay compensation or will they claim circumstances outside of the railways control?
My ticket was a super off peak single with seat reservation for the sleeper.
Annoyingly there was no mention of any delay until about 23:00 by which time I was already at the station, I suppose they could have been trying to find a relief driver.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
I would submit that issues of crew availability are quite plainly fully within the railway's control (most certainly for services departing a London Terminal, and therefore at the epicentre of GWR's operations!). I would contest any attempt to wriggle out of paying the correct compensation strongly.

Status
Not open for further replies.