• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR Talent Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfields

Hi folks!

I just received confirmation that I was successful in the Talent Pool for GWR at the Reading Depot! Absolutely psyched!

However, I keep hearing stories of them withdrawing them or taking years to get the call. Does anybody what if that's likely to happen, and is there anyone from the depot that knows when they may be starting new courses?

Kind regards,

Callum

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tiptoptaff

Established Member
LTV are unlikely to withdraw offers, however, ultimately, you haven't yet been offered a job and may well find it doesn't ever materialise. Also, the long waits can be and are very real

Sparrow

Hi
Hi folks!

I just received confirmation that I was successful in the Talent Pool for GWR at the Reading Depot! Absolutely psyched!

However, I keep hearing stories of them withdrawing them or taking years to get the call. Does anybody what if that's likely to happen, and is there anyone from the depot that knows when they may be starting new courses?

Kind regards,

Callum

Hi Callum,
Congratulations mate.
How long after interview did it take for you to find out?

OxyBoxy

I've just been accepted for a conductor role there too! No talent pool for conductors apparently, it seems they've all gone to being train managers or drivers
Hi

Hi Callum,
Congratulations mate.
How long after interview did it take for you to find out?

For the role I applied for, it was the same day.

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Effectively, conductors do the small trains, train managers are on the big trains. They manage a team of staff

Partly correct but the Manager part of the job title is a red herring. There's no management or people management responsibility

OxyBoxy

Partly correct but the Manager part of the job title is a red herring. There's no management or people management responsibility
I should have made it clear that that part was more of an assumption, an oversight on my part there

Sparrow

Are there any TM's on here that would be willing to offer some advice on the rota. Would be massively appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.