• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR talent pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee70

Anyone heard anything yet? How far are the current cohort in their training? I’ve had my phone glued to me since I was placed in the pool in January pre COVID

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jacey

it would appear GWR recruitment is on hold in terms of bringing in trainee drivers. i think current trainees are still ongoing but im not aware of anyone going through the process of trying to get a trainee job with GWR hearing anything in terms of a dmi, assessment or talent pool phone call/email.

Cowcow15

Im gonna follow this thread. I was placed in a talent pool for exeter in jan/feb so am interestes to hear any news. I sent recruitment a friendly email and they basically said "we havent forgot about you but we dont have any timescales" which is completely understandable in the current climate.

jacey

Im gonna follow this thread. I was placed in a talent pool for exeter in jan/feb so am interestes to hear any news. I sent recruitment a friendly email and they basically said "we havent forgot about you but we dont have any timescales" which is completely understandable in the current climate.
I am also in a talent pool as of just before the pandemic. It seems nothing is moving in terms of talent pool wise. i guess we are in it for the long haul. the virus hit at the wrong time for us.
Well i guess its at the beginning of our talent pool days but will prolong the wait now doubt. i cannot see anything moving talent pool wise with gwr until next summer at the earliest. that's a massive guess i have no inside idea :E

Mr Oli

I was placed in the GWR Bristol talent pool in August 2019 - still waiting. I've sent a couple of emails to recruitment in that time, but like Cowcow I received the generic response advising that my application/place in the pool is still active but no timelines.

Not expecting anything for a while due to current training backlog. Can't help but worry whether I will get the call up at all with the uncertainty at the moment - but here's to hoping!

Daydr3am3r

Unfortunately a lot of trainees are still at home, and this will continue for some groups into next year...but a course has recently started and, although a little odd, is at least a good sign for you guys!

Cowcow15

Keep hope guys! From my understanding our results are valid for 5 years, im sure something will happen within the next 4 years. Im fortunate im in a job i really enjoy at the moment (i guess im fortunate im in a job at all in the current climate), so the waiting isnt too bad for me and im sure will be worth it in the end.

jacey

Keep hope guys! From my understanding our results are valid for 5 years, im sure something will happen within the next 4 years. Im fortunate im in a job i really enjoy at the moment (i guess im fortunate im in a job at all in the current climate), so the waiting isnt too bad for me and im sure will be worth it in the end.
yes spot on lets keep hope this all passes and life returns to some kind of normal! we shall get the call one day :E

Lee70

Nice one. I’ve applied to Exeter too and was put in the pool in January

Daydr3am3r

I will try and add anything I can to assist this thread, minus rumours obviously :)
All you can do is focus on the here and now, and remain positive that the call will come.

dan2610

I’m in a talent pool for GWR too and I *think* the pool I’m in is complete, as I was told that the final lot of interviews for my depot would be in February, therefore pre-lockdown.

I don’t know whether that’ll impact start dates for depots where not all of the DMIs have taken place, as this is obviously a situation none of us have ever experienced.

jacey

I’m in a talent pool for GWR too and I *think* the pool I’m in is complete, as I was told that the final lot of interviews for my depot would be in February, therefore pre-lockdown.

I don’t know whether that’ll impact start dates for depots where not all of the DMIs have taken place, as this is obviously a situation none of us have ever experienced.
yeah they mentioned to me when i went into a pool that the pool must be complete first. giving me the impression nothing will happen until that's the case and they have finished the current recruitment drive.

dan2610

yeah they mentioned to me when i went into a pool that the pool must be complete first. giving me the impression nothing will happen until that's the case and they have finished the current recruitment drive.

Where are you in a pool for? I think it’s probably just luck whether pools and interviews were completed pre-Covid.

genziu8181

Hi all. I have been following this thread for a while. I have applied for trainee train driver position and after stage 2 passed I have been invited for zoom interview to book a slot however I do not know why my emails did not go through until I openned gmail. I had an email on Tuesday and reminder on Thursday however on Thursday no slots available. I have replied with times unsuitable as they mention however does anyone knows what else can I do to make sure I still have a chance to go through this DMI interview?

jacey

Hi all. I have been following this thread for a while. I have applied for trainee train driver position and after stage 2 passed I have been invited for zoom interview to book a slot however I do not know why my emails did not go through until I openned gmail. I had an email on Tuesday and reminder on Thursday however on Thursday no slots available. I have replied with times unsuitable as they mention however does anyone knows what else can I do to make sure I still have a chance to go through this DMI interview?
They probably just had a list of dates and sent a email out to candidates to book. i would phone hr or email and they should give you another date when they have one.

genziu8181

Hi. I have received invitation for an zoom DMI interview? Has anyone done that? What type of questions I can expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.