• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR Train Driver talent pool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Seaza

Applied for a Qualified position in their first quarter of the year, had communication recently for a virtual interview.

Has anyone got any information regarding traction, routes and rosters for Penzance which I could read?

Thank you

Nonuts

From another post

Penzance GWR
Traction:
800, 2+4HST, 158, 150
Routes:
Penzance-Plymouth
Plymouth-Exeter SD
St Erth-St Ives
Truro-Falmouth

Penzance HSS
Traction:
800, 2+4HST, 150
Routes:
Penzance-Plymouth
Plymouth-Exeter SD
St Erth-St Ives

Seaza

From another post

Penzance GWR
Traction:
800, 2+4HST, 158, 150
Routes:
Penzance-Plymouth
Plymouth-Exeter SD
St Erth-St Ives
Truro-Falmouth

Penzance HSS
Traction:
800, 2+4HST, 150
Routes:
Penzance-Plymouth
Plymouth-Exeter SD
St Erth-St Ives
Cheers, just did a search and found the thread.

I guess things are starting to move again my mate got offered a dmi date before the end of next month

Had received an interview invite via email last night. It's for Paddington although at one point last year it changed to Heathrow Express

Lewzo

Absolutely buzzing. Had my DMI last weds and have had an email this morning confirming it was successful. Now in the talent pool. Expect it will be for a significant amount of time but really pleased I’ve got this far!

Old Chap

Absolutely buzzing. Had my DMI last weds and have had an email this morning confirming it was successful. Now in the talent pool. Expect it will be for a significant amount of time but really pleased I’ve got this far!
Well done Lewzo. I know the feeling, but be prepared for a long wait along with the rest of us! Better to wait with a chance rather than without....

Smith3712

Congrats! I also had my interview last Wednesday and got the confirmation email today! Super excited to be in pool and thanks to all the fantastic resources and people on the forum.

Nonuts

Congratulations @Lewzo @Smith3712 . Which depot are you in the pool/s for? It can be a mixed bag. Myself and a mate were in the pool for three days before a medical and course date were offered, others I've seen have been in the pool since before I passed the first assessment. Hope you both don't have long waits. Enjoy the buzz of your good news and on here ,traditionally, they say 'pop on some speedos and enjoy the pool

Old Chap

Congratulations @Lewzo @Smith3712 . Which depot are you in the pool/s for? It can be a mixed bag. Myself and a mate were in the pool for three days before a medical and course date were offered, others I've seen have been in the pool since before I passed the first assessment. Hope you both don't have long waits. Enjoy the buzz of your good news and on here ,traditionally, they say 'pop on some speedos and enjoy the pool
Good analogy Nonuts! I got to the shallow end, was half way up the ladder to get out and Covid training problems pushed me back in again!

Nonuts

Good analogy Nonuts! I got to the shallow end, was half way up the ladder to get out and Covid training problems pushed me back in again!
As in you had a course date, or a date was imminent? We got to week 6 and were then sent home, returned 14 weeks later to complete rules, now looks like Jan/Feb for traction. I know the courses due to start after our group were postponed until the backlog of ours and the 4 courses in front of us who only have traction left are through.

Smith3712

Thank you and I'm in the pool for Plymouth. Yes feeling extremely buzzed currently don't think it'll fade anytime soon!

Nonuts

Thank you and I'm in the pool for Plymouth. Yes feeling extremely buzzed currently don't think it'll fade anytime soon!
It's definitely a great feeling to know you've made the grade. As I say to everyone, in that they're advertising for qualified drivers at the depot your in the pool for, there's clearly a need for drivers now and in the future plans so that's a positive sign.

Old Chap

As in you had a course date, or a date was imminent? We got to week 6 and were then sent home, returned 14 weeks later to complete rules, now looks like Jan/Feb for traction. I know the courses due to start after our group were postponed until the backlog of ours and the 4 courses in front of us who only have traction left are through.
That is correct - start date given, and then delayed 3 weeks before start. The backlog is there and you guys are in a frustrating position, but at least you are paid something thankfully. It could still be a long haul, and anyone else in my position must just continue to be patient and await the vaccine relief I suppose. I hope you all progress swiftly once we get some movement here.

JunnyT

I had my D.M.I yesterday, and got confirmation this morning saying that i am successful. And put into the Talent Pool for Plymouth, awaiting for them to conduct more interviews then they can finalise the Talent Pool and go from there. So happy!

Nonuts

I had my D.M.I yesterday, and got confirmation this morning saying that i am successful. And put into the Talent Pool for Plymouth, awaiting for them to conduct more interviews then they can finalise the Talent Pool and go from there. So happy!
Congratulations.

jacey

congrats all! welcome to the Plymouth talent pool :E hopefully we can get the call one day and be on the course together. Did they give any indication of a course or when its likely to be? from memory they wanted to complete the pool before moving forward with any courses. hopefully the pool is not far from complete.

JunnyT

congrats all! welcome to the Plymouth talent pool :E hopefully we can get the call one day and be on the course together. Did they give any indication of a course or when its likely to be? from memory they wanted to complete the pool before moving forward with any courses. hopefully the pool is not far from complete.

Thanks, when did you have your DMI? Nope, I have no idea. It said in the email, that there are still interviews going on so could be a while yet.

jacey

Thanks, when did you have your DMI? Nope, I have no idea. It said in the email, that there are still interviews going on so could be a while yet.
early 2020 i had mine. yeah not expecting anything until this vaccine clears everything up. Maybe then we can be more hopeful!

Nonuts

Far as I'm aware, that's a generic email so, whether you are first to interview and get in the pool or last... you'll get that email

Stigy

Established Member
Good to hear things are (slowly) starting to move again. The fact that they’re still recruiting for relent pools suggests they still have a longer term plan they’re intended to implement. Well done to those just made it in to the pool. I was only in it for a couple of months, and as has been said it can go either way.

Barney07

Well done to those who have got into the talent pool, i was in just over 6 week when i got the call, im on a course which started jan this year and currently working from home, things are moving now and the group i am in are hoping for a return late jan or feb for traction. Hope you start hearing news of starts dates real soon.

Lankywhale

I got into the pool for Plymouth in March. Was beginning to lose hope but it's good to see others are now filling it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.