• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR Train Manager Interview help !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OKG

Hello guys, I have a final interview with GWR for the role of train manager next week Thursday. I have been rehearsing example based questions like crazy. I just want to ask y'all if you could tell me some of the questions they might ask, give me as many as you can remember or think of

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lmc1976

I think if people were to give you specific questions they had then personally I think it would be counterproductive as you would focus on that when the reality is your questions are likely to be worded differently!

What I would say is have plenty of examples of when you’ve worked alone, as part of a team, dealt with a difficult situation, been asked to carry out a task you did not think was right, followed instruction, asked others to follow instruction, a time when you’ve been able to help someone, a time when you have wanted to help but haven’t been able to, how you have maintained concentration for extended periods etc etc etc. then when the question is asked you can use the right one to answer.

Those are the types of questions (obviously worded in a much more subtle way) you will get. Be sure to answer using the STAR technique.

My assumption is your external so although you don’t need to be an expert on all things GWR it would help you stand out if you at least had a working knowledge of what traction and stations your potential depot serves.

Look at GWRs mission statement and any other company related information regarding the way the business is looking to go there is plenty in the public domain and use it to your advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.