• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR train manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whatmydogsays

Hi guys. Just wondering if any of you nice folks could shed some light on the gwr train manager process. I passed stage one last month and waiting for an invite for stage two but as im not in a job at the moment it would be nice to know roughly how long the process takes as its a job i really want. Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

C J Snarzell

Established Member
The recruitment wheels in the train industry are very slow so you may find you are in for a wait. I believe the GWR Train Managers may also be recruited as 'intakes' much like drivers & conductors so again this could drag on for a bit especially if other candidates are in employment - most people will have to give a standard 28 day notice to leave their current jobs, again the HR people have to take this into account.

Supertrains19

It will also depend on what depot you are applying for as some depots recruit more quickly than others but you might be lucky and get employed within months or you could be looking to over a year, just go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.