• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hastings Line operating restrictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Are there any operating restrictions on the Hastings Line south of Tonbridge?I was thinking of Tunbridge Wells where part of the platform is unusable on platform two.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

alistairlees

Established Member
Selective Door Opening at variouis stations.

High Brooms is full 12 car
Tunbridge Wells is 11 car
Other stations from Frant to West St Leonards are 8 car (I think they all are; happy to be corrected).
Can't remember about St Leonards Warrior Sq
Hastings is full 12 car

Also limits to max number of trains at any one time south of Tunbridge Wells (power supply limits).

And no 465/6 south of the TW berthing siding.

I thought that I had read somewhere that T Wells is now a 10 car restriction after the opening of the siding.

david737

Tunbridge Wells- trains formed of 465/466 should not be more than 10 coach's, 12 car 375 formations are allowed as they have selective door opening. Also between Tun Wells and Bopeep Jn. 8 coach trains is the max allowed due to 3rd rail limitations but (unless its changed) 12 cars can run with control authorisation.

Status
Not open for further replies.