• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hatfield - Acton Depot

Status
Not open for further replies.

ralphchadkirk

Established Member
I need to get from Hatfield to Acton LUL depot on the 25th before 0900 (ideally arriving at around 0830). What's the best/cheapest route at that time?

I'd prefer not to drive at all, but if need be I can drive to work in Plaistow and trek in from there, but that'll take ages. May be cheaper though!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Urban Gateline

Established Member
I need to get from Hatfield to Acton LUL depot on the 25th before 0900 (ideally arriving at around 0830). What's the best/cheapest route at that time?

I'd prefer not to drive at all, but if need be I can drive to work in Plaistow and trek in from there, but that'll take ages. May be cheaper though!

Is this one way or return? Do you hold any Railcards?

Without a Railcard:
Hatfield to Acton Mainline - Single £13.20 / Return £19.20 (06:44 HAT-KGX, KGX to PAD via Circle or H&C LUL, then 08:15 PAD to AML arr 08:21)

Also Hatfield - U2345 routed "via Finsbury Park" is £12 single / £18.90 Return and that takes you to Acton Town.

I have no idea where the depot is btw ;)

These are Anytime fares as that will be the only one valid at the time you are travelling from Hatfield. Also if you are doing more Journeys in London then the £22.90 day Travelcard from Hatfield may be worth it.

Last edited:

Metrailway

South Acton is the closest NR station to Acton Depot, and assuming no railcards etc, an Anytime Day Return routed Via Camden Road is the cheapest at £13.50. You change at Highbury & Islington for South Acton. However, it is a 20 minute walk from South Acton to the depot. Anytime Day Single is £9.10.

If you want to go to Acton Town Underground, it will probably be cheaper to buy an Anytime Day Return to Finsbury Park (£13.50) and then use Oyster on the Piccadilly Line (£3.20 x 2). (Anytime Day Single to Finsbury Park = £9.30)

ralphchadkirk

Established Member
Thanks all. I don't have an Oyster card. I'm probably going to get a return to Finsbury Park and then get the tube from there - hopefully that will be cheaper!

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Allow a few minutes to obtain an Oyster card (and a bit longer if you want to load a Railcard discount onto it). Don't pay cash fares on LU!

Status
Not open for further replies.