• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hattons and Bachmann

Status
Not open for further replies.

Islineclear3_1

Established Member
PTSO or platform depending on the weather
I've had an email from Hattons cancelling my preorders. I've read on another forum that there are "issues" between Hattons and Bachmann. Nobody seems to know what is going on. Naturally, all commercially sensitive information at the moment

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ben.A.98

What I understand from what I have read in other places online is that Bachmann will not provide stock to another manufacturer, which Hattons has now become due to their own Class 66. As such they will now only be selling current stock and pre-owned.

TheEdge

Established Member
As well as Bachmann now considering Hattons a direct competitor rather than a distributor it also sounds like Bachmann have reduced or got rid of the discounts that were being given to the big box mover type places.

Peter C

Established Member
Sorry, but is Hattons really a competitor? Maybe for certain models, such as the Class 66, but not for things like a 166, etc.?

Just a thought.

-Peter

TheEdge

Established Member
Sorry, but is Hattons really a competitor? Maybe for certain models, such as the Class 66, but not for things like a 166, etc.?

Just a thought.

-Peter

Considering Bachmann and Hornby are already fighting over the 66 market why would they want to support someone else trying to take a slice of such a popular model cake? And no reason to say Hattons won't try a 37, 47 or something else...

Peter C

Established Member
Considering Bachmann and Hornby are already fighting over the 66 market why would they want to support someone else trying to take a slice of such a popular model cake? And no reason to say Hattons won't try a 37, 47 or something else...
Fair point - I didn't know that Hornby were in the 66 market as well. I would have thought that Bachmann would have wanted stay with Hattons until they started releasing more products, but that's a silly idea given how companies and business works.

-Peter

SCH117X

Established Member
At the end of the end their are plenty of other suppliers and in my experience an order from many arrives before Hattons even glance at one; I never pay for next day deliver but most orders from Track-shack, Model Railways Direct and Kernow for example if ordered in the evening are usually despatched the next day and arrive the following day. Kernow also offer free postage although I note that is now only on orders over £200; Gaugemaster also do free postage on orders over £15 and one that was of some value was still sent by next day secure delivery. Derails oddly seem to be pretty unique in partly dodging Bachmanns 15% max discount by offering free postage so on a model listed at £200 by Bachmann increasing the discount effectively to 17% on a typical £4 post & packing order with another supplier.

Status
Not open for further replies.