• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Havant to Weymouth 8th April

Established Member
Hello. A friend of mine is intending to travel with family from Havant to Weymouth on Monday 8 April with super off peak, any permitted tickets. They have accommodation booked there and are consequently inflexible on the date of travel.

I have been quite confused about which operators ASLEF members are on strike at on which days, but it is apparent that Southern and SWR are not running on 8 April. CrossCountry are running to Bournemouth, but onward travel is not possible from there.

The question is therefore whether their existing ANY PERMITTED tickets will be valid for travel on GWR services via Westbury, starting short from Cosham (noting that all trains from Havant to Southampton pass Cosham, but GWR no longer serves Havant) and at what time they will be valid, given that they are super off peak.

If not, I will have to advise them to seek a full refund since these tickets are unusable and purchase alternative tickets which are valid for their outward journey via Westbury. As they are not returning the same day, their return journey is unaffected.

GWR on Twitter have misguidedly advised that SWR or Southern have not requested ticket acceptance since they do not serve Havant, but this is besides the point when the question is about starting short from Cosham and travelling via Westbury, as if it wouldn’t be possible to change at Cosham for GWR with an any permitted ticket on non-strike days.