• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Have I been mis-sold a ticket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trickyvegas

I was making a journey from Chorley to Manchester this morning and have weekly GMPTE traincard. I asked for a single to Blackrod to cover me to the boundary and the ticket seller at the station insisted that I buy a ticket to Bolton instead as that was the next stop for train. Having checked the NRCOC, it states that splitting at a station where the train does not call is not permitted for travel passes issued on behalf of a passenger transport executive. Does traincard fall in this category?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

craigwilson

I was making a journey from Chorley to Manchester this morning and have weekly GMPTE traincard. I asked for a single to Blackrod to cover me to the boundary and the ticket seller at the station insisted that I buy a ticket to Bolton instead as that was the next stop for train. Having checked the NRCOC, it states that splitting at a station where the train does not call is not permitted for travel passes issued on behalf of a passenger transport executive. Does traincard fall in this category?

I used to have one of these GMPTE Traincards when I commuted out to Chapel-en-le-Frith from South Manchester a while back.

As far as I am aware, this ticket is not a season ticket for the purposes of Condition 19c, so the train is required to call at the splitting point.

Note that if the Chorley to Blackrod portion was a season ticket (of the classical point-to-point variety) then you could get the non-stop service.

That's the way I understand it - I'm sure any members of ticket retail staff (e.g. ANorthernGuard) will correct me if necessary!

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
I concur with the clerk also, the Traincard is a PTE product and not a season ticket for the purposes of NRCoC Condition 19.

Status
Not open for further replies.