• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Have the class 220/221 ever been to Manchester Victoria?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieran1990

since the May timetable change I have started using Manchester Victoria as my Manchester station for my commute to/ from Leeds.
Noticed last night while on Platforn 3 that the stopping boards for voyager trains are on the through platforms. Have XC/Virgin ever or still do (during disruption/ engineering works) use Manchester Vic as an alternative terminus?
If so I assume they divert after Stockport via guide bridge and the various curves onto the Ashton line?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DanNCL

Established Member
since the May timetable change I have started using Manchester Victoria as my Manchester station for my commute to/ from Leeds.
Noticed last night while on Platforn 3 that the stopping boards for voyager trains are on the through platforms. Have XC/Virgin ever or still do (during disruption/ engineering works) use Manchester Vic as an alternative terminus?
If so I assume they divert after Stockport via guide bridge and the various curves onto the Ashton line?
Virgin XC used to operate the Manchester - Scotland service that TPE now operate. This used Voyagers, so it's more likely that if a Voyager ever did work into Manchester Victoria it will have been on this rather than an XC service from Birmingham.

Ash Bridge

Established Member
Yes they have been through Victoria during the VXC era, seen them running via Reddish South and Ashton Moss during periods of diversion in the past.

Ianno87

Veteran Member
Yes, went on a Manchest Victoria-Birmingham VXC service diverted via Denton as far as Stockport in 2007, operated by a 220 or 221, and have also done Bolton-Victoria on a diverted Scotland-Manchester VXC service around the same time.

Don't think its happened for a number of years now, though I recall the VT stopping boards still being in situ not long back.

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Travelling via Vic would have been in the VXC days when they worked up the WCML to Scotland. Their only workings to Manchester now are in and back out of Piccadilly to and from Birmingham direction

Bungle965

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Yes, went on a Manchest Victoria-Birmingham VXC service diverted via Denton as far as Stockport in 2007, operated by a 220 or 221, and have also done Bolton-Victoria on a diverted Scotland-Manchester VXC service around the same time.

Don't think its happened for a number of years now, though I recall the VT stopping boards still being in situ not long back.
VT stopping boards are indeed still present.
Sam

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
I remember being at Manchester Victoria as a kid, not long before they ripped it to shreds. Parked in one of the terminal platforms was a single, brand-new Mk3 DVT, all on its own!

Status
Not open for further replies.