• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Have you gained or lost weight since the lockdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSTEd

Veteran Member
My weight swings wildly up and down from day to day and from week to week.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jonny

Established Member
Gained weight - and my sleep patterns are all over the place. The only consolation is that I can bend it into "breathing difficulties" if I so wish (my body stashes fat around my neck and it pushes on my airway).

Bantamzen

Established Member
Gained weight - and my sleep patterns are all over the place. The only consolation is that I can bend it into "breathing difficulties" if I so wish (my body stashes fat around my neck and it pushes on my airway).

Sleep? What's that then? I seem to remember it from another life, put just can't quite put my finger on it.

birchesgreen

Established Member
I've been working from home and have gained weight. Although i have gone out every day for exercise my daily steps is down (average 3,500 a day since mid-March, around 5,000 a day before that). But the main reason i think is because my "office" since March has been too close to my kitchen...

talldave

Established Member
I've been home based for almost a decade so have learnt to resist the temptation of unlimited coffee & biscuits and have loved the increased quality of life. Sadly the job died of coronavirus so not sure what the future holds.

route101

Established Member
I lost a little on the early days of lockdown. Now put on a bit , need new shoes as blisters galore when out walking.

Parallel

Established Member
I’ve lost 9lbs since April, I’ve really cut down my meals to 1 (balanced) meal in the early evening, and one small meal (I.e cereal) in the late morning/at noon. I’ve also been aiming to walk 10,000 steps a day, though I’ll reduce it down to 5,000 if the weather’s not good. Ideally I’d like to lose another two stone going forward.

Iskra

Established Member
I gained, but I normally burn a lot of calories at work so it was unsurprising. I volunteered to go back to work early after 7 weeks on furlough despite being off on full pay, one of the reasons was to shed some weight and I am now heading back in the right direction.

Last edited:

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
I’ve lost 9lbs since April, I’ve really cut down my meals to 1 (balanced) meal in the early evening, and one small meal (I.e cereal) in the late morning/at noon. I’ve also been aiming to walk 10,000 steps a day, though I’ll reduce it down to 5,000 if the weather’s not good. Ideally I’d like to lose another two stone going forward.

I'm trying something similar - no cereal, though, as if I have it in the house I won't be able to resist having it for breakfast as it's too easy, normally I wouldn't be bothered to cook or particularly want anything cooked. Not having breakfast lops out about 600 calories without affecting anything else, which should be enough to make a difference. If I'm really starving, fruit is an option, but an apple has negligible calories.

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
Stayed the same!

Have offset the problem of working in the kitchen, with all the temptations that provides, by significantly upping the exercise. Cycled nearly 2000 miles in lockdown, and whilst I haven’t measured the walking I’d be surprised if it was less than 500 miles (cue the Proclaimers).

Status
Not open for further replies.