• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Having some issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex17595

Hi all, I'm having a few issues.

All my tracks have completely gone. I'm adding third rail to a route and suddenly won't appear anymore. There's just random bit of third rail everywhere now (see attached picture)

Also how to you make a line reversible? I keep getting error messages on a scenario where it says there is incorrect direction and incorrect electrification in the starting area.

Attachments

• rail gone.jpg
    rail gone.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 48
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jon91

Uh oh, I've had this problem myself amd can't seem to remember what caused it. Just that restoring from a backup of the route fixed it.

As for the changing the track direction and electrification properties, pressing space will cycle through the different information overlays. One of these will show you the direction of running, which can be modified by selecting the section of track and changing its properties using the right-hand flyout menu. It's also how you change the electrification settings too.

HLE

Established Member
Sounds like the tracks.bin file has become corrupted - check your railworks directory, navigate to the route folder, if the tracks.bin shows as 0kb then that's most likely the cause - simply copy and paste the same file from a backup (assuming you have a backup file on your PC).

alex17595

Sounds like the tracks.bin file has become corrupted - check your railworks directory, navigate to the route folder, if the tracks.bin shows as 0kb then that's most likely the cause - simply copy and paste the same file from a backup (assuming you have a backup file on your PC).

I have found a work around by having to redownload it from the workshop over and over!
It seems to happen when I have the track set to show if they are electrified and then the game crashes and it will not start again correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.