• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Haymarket station opens December 19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gadget88

Lights are on ticket machines look to be getting fitted, M&S food seemly signed up looks impressive.

Anybody know what the bit downstairs is to be as the tram line looks to be outside? Is it a large waiting room? I also heard the old bridge is to be removed. Is the new stairs going to be escalators and are they removing the old lift (well new one that they installed a few years ago?

I think it's one of the biggest facelifts of a station I have ever seen. Also what will the old building be used for after it's opened? I read there's a new entrance at the side and the ticket office seems to be in the new building.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
This is still on course for an opening this Thursday, 19th December. And not to waste any time, a crane will be brought in on Christmas day to lift out the old footbridge!

clc

Established Member
Lights are on ticket machines look to be getting fitted, M&S food seemly signed up looks impressive.

Anybody know what the bit downstairs is to be as the tram line looks to be outside? Is it a large waiting room? I also heard the old bridge is to be removed. Is the new stairs going to be escalators and are they removing the old lift (well new one that they installed a few years ago?

I think it's one of the biggest facelifts of a station I have ever seen. Also what will the old building be used for after it's opened? I read there's a new entrance at the side and the ticket office seems to be in the new building.
The new bridge has lifts to all platforms and stairs and escalators up from all platforms ( no down escalators). The old building will be knocked through in due course to provide access. The lifts in the old bridge will probably be recycled and moved to another station.

Blindtraveler

Established Member
The new bridge has lifts to all platforms and stairs and escalators up from all platforms ( no down escalators). The old building will be knocked through in due course to provide access. The lifts in the old bridge will probably be recycled and moved to another station.

I sincerely hope so as they are only a cupple years old. I too wonder what the old building will become.

cal

The old building will remain in use. You'll still be able to enter through it (useful for those going towards the bus stops on the other side of the tracks). You're able to find the plans if you search "haymarket station" here: https://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/

Live Camera:
camputer181.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.