• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Haywards Heath to Portsmouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

neilm

Hi

Can anyone tell me why Southerns Ticket Website and NRE Journey Planner fail to offer me this ticket http://www.brfares.com/#faredetail?orig=HHE&dest=PMH&grpd=0440&rlc=NGC&rte=947&tkt=CDR via Horsham as this is the way I want to go and not via Hove/Worthing - I will be traveling on Monday.

I think it is valid but I cannot see why it does not offer it, so I should be fine to use the ticket via Horsham as the ticket says I need to go via Barnham.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dzug2

It would appear they don't think it's a valid route. Yes you would be travelling via Barnham but Horsham isn't en route to Barnham from Haywards Heath

neilm

Strange I could just buy it from three bridges as I have a season ticket anyway between the two.

dzug2

But Three Bridges has a direct route to Barnham, not one that involves starting off in the 'wrong' direction

neilm

Indeed, I agree with what you say but it is not listed anywhere that is the reason why, but I have a season ticket to London so I could use that to three bridges.

anme

Established Member
Maybe I'm missing something, but how are you expecting NRE and the Southern journey planner to know that you have a season ticket to London? If you want to go via Horsham, I think you actually need a Three Bridges to Portsmouth ticket (and to use your season ticket between Haywards Heath and Three Bridges).

neilm

Maybe I'm missing something, but how are you expecting NRE and the Southern journey planner to know that you have a season ticket to London? If you want to go via Horsham, I think you actually need a Three Bridges to Portsmouth ticket (and to use your season ticket between Haywards Heath and Three Bridges).
Hi

I am aware it doesn't know, but why is the ticket brfares show not available via Horsham, it does not say anywhere on br fares that it is not available via Horsham.

That was all, I wondered if someone knew if it was.

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
Hi

I am aware it doesn't know, but why is the ticket brfares show not available via Horsham, it does not say anywhere on br fares that it is not available via Horsham.

That was all, I wondered if someone knew if it was.
BR Fares does say that tickets are only valid over permitted routes. Are you aware of the National Routeing Guide? It shows that Haywards Heath to Portsmouth Group is permitted only on map CW, which only includes the route along the coast and not via Horsham.

neilm

BR Fares does say that tickets are only valid over permitted routes. Are you aware of the National Routeing Guide? It shows that Haywards Heath to Portsmouth Group is permitted only on map CW, which only includes the route along the coast and not via Horsham.
Ah thanks, that must one of the updates they did then as it always use to be possible.

That would be the reason why then.

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
See attached for a copy of map CW from the current routeing guide. If you feel that it should be allowed (or used to be) there is supposed to be a disputed route procedure that you can follow by complaining to a train company, but I'm not aware of anybody ever having managed to go through with it.

Attachments

• map-cw.png
    map-cw.png
    104.6 KB · Views: 33

neilm

See attached for a copy of map CW from the current routeing guide. If you feel that it should be allowed (or used to be) there is supposed to be a disputed route procedure that you can follow by complaining to a train company, but I'm not aware of anybody ever having managed to go through with it.

Hi

Big thanks. To be honest always disruption on southern so there will not be any issues <D
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Just for information on this forum, guards checked the tickets both ways and were happy with the ticket, one even commented I had gone the "better way".

Status
Not open for further replies.