• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Headbolt Lane progress updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

prod_pep

Established Member
That's Mersyrail standard for station names I think, although a range of inconsistent typefaces seems to be used for other things especially the name Merseyail itself. Oh for a Scouse Frank Pick!
A bit of pointless trivia here but Eurostile is the typeface used for the Merseyrail lettering on older signs, and a more cartoonish alternative (possibly Benguiat Gothic) is used on newer ones.

I do like the station, but in my handful of visits, it was remarkably quiet. I can't imagine the continued 30 minute service and constant short-notice cancellations are helping. Passengers have noticeably reduced on the Kirkby line in rush hours since the turn of the year.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

scrapy

Established Member
Headbolt Lane is as meaningful as Rainford or Kirkby to someone boarding at Blackburn. They've probably never heard of all three.
And if had heard of them and knew where they were and wanted a train to Manchester, Burnley or Todmorden they certainly wouldn't be looking out for one that said Kirkby on as it's in totally the opposite direction!!

Adam Evans

And if had heard of them and knew where they were and wanted a train to Manchester, Burnley or Todmorden they certainly wouldn't be looking out for one that said Kirkby on as it's in totally the opposite direction!!
This is why the more obscure destinations for such trains should always have 'via (insert more recognisable place here)' added on to them when displaying on the information screens. In this case it should be 'Headbolt Lane via Manchester Victoria.'

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
As the station is now open this "progress updates" thread has now run its course.

Thanks to all who contributed with the progress updates

Status
Not open for further replies.