• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Heathrow Connect, funnied!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom

Line problem between Hayes & Harlington and Heathrow Signal 342.

Train services between Hayes & Harlington and Heathrow Signal 342 are being disrupted due to a track eqiupment failure.
Short notice alterations can be expected.

At present the Heathrow Connect services are starting/finishing at Hayes :mrgreen:

"Between Hayes & Harlington and where? "
"Oh Heathrow Signal 342, where's that? "
"I don't know, you tell me. "

:)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
So, business as usual then? ;)

No, seriously this service has been very unlucky. There were many problems in the first (2?) weeks of operation causing trains to terminate at Hayes.

One major problem with the service is that there is a very small turnaround time at Paddington. If there is a problem they do seem very quick to terminate at Hayes, presumably this is better for HeX as otherwise they could conflict with each other (the pathing at Airport Jn is very delicately planned), and also if the trains get too delayed to/from Hex there's so little time to recover at Paddington that the service never recovers.

I'm told there's a very cheap and direct bus from Hayes though so at least the passengers save about £5! ;)

MartinH

yorkie said:
I'm told there's a very cheap and direct bus from Hayes though so at least the passengers save about £5! ;)

That will be the 140 bus. £1.20 single (cash) or £1.00/£0.80 (time dependent) with Oyster Pre-pay. Most of the time the service is every 10/15 minutes. Every 30 mins throughout the night.

Be warned though- don't take much luggage.

Status
Not open for further replies.