• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Heathrow to Hastings & Portsmouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonic2009

Established Member
By far the easiest way from London City to Hastings is to get the DLR to Stratford International, HS1 to Ashford and then the Marshlink (Eastbourne) train to Hastings. There are through tickets from London City to Ashford available from the ticket machines not sure about Hastings.
A lot more expensive as well! £47.90 for an Anytime Day Single.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

paul1609

Established Member
A lot more expensive as well! £47.90 for an Anytime Day Single.
A London DLR Zone 3 to Hastings route HS1 Anytime Day Single is (assuming you are travelling via Stratford Int) £46.10. I have it in my mind they do offer off peak tickets from London City to HS1 stations but if not to Hastings its £1.50 contactless to Stratford International and then super off peak single +hs1 to Hastings £37.80. yes its more expensive than the Southern ticket but it has no evening peak restrictions. The problem with the Southern ticket quoted is its via Haywards Heath that means DLR to Canning Town, Jubilee to London Bridge, Thameslink to East Croydon/Gatwick/Haywards Heath then Southern to Hastings via Eastbourne. That's not a problem from Heathrow but it quite a detour from London City.

sonic2009

Established Member
Correct.

All ideas are welcome. Because they also help me & others for future travels.

In essence we have now pretty much decided on the fares required.

1) Using the return portion of a Hastings to London Zones 1-6 Super Off Peak Travelcard (via Haywards Heath) to travel from Heathrow to Hastings.

2) An off peak single from Hastings to Portsmouth for the ferry to Gosport.

3) The outward portion of a Portsmouth to London Zones 1-6 Super Off Peak TC (via Three Bridges) to return back to the airport.

I believe that these offer a good balance between price & convenience.

Many thanks for your advice & information.

A London DLR Zone 3 to Hastings route HS1 Anytime Day Single is (assuming you are travelling via Stratford Int) £46.10. I have it in my mind they do offer off peak tickets from London City to HS1 stations but if not to Hastings its £1.50 contactless to Stratford International and then super off peak single +hs1 to Hastings £37.80. yes its more expensive than the Southern ticket but it has no evening peak restrictions. The problem with the Southern ticket quoted is its via Haywards Heath that means DLR to Canning Town, Jubilee to London Bridge, Thameslink to East Croydon/Gatwick/Haywards Heath then Southern to Hastings via Eastbourne. That's not a problem from Heathrow but it quite a detour from London City.
Aplogies I didn't see the Zone 3 ticket only. Agreed via Eastbourne is a long way.

Status
Not open for further replies.