• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hello from a future Train Presentation Operative :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nella52

Hi everyone

I am new to the forum so please be gentle with me :D

I have some cleaning experience (though mostly in offices/health clubs) and have applied for the post of Train Presentation Operative - Hull Botanic Gardens (Northern Rail) and wonder if anyone can help with a couple of questions.

The advert doesn't say anything about the hours/shifts. I am assuming it is a 40 hour post? Does anyone know what shift patterns might be required or any other details about the role?

I realise it is a bit silly applying for a job without fully knowing what it entails but the closing date is today and I didn't want to miss it. I also realise now that my application could have been improved upon, so not much chance of being considered any way for this vacancy, but at least I will learn for next time if anything similar is advertised.

Many thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nevillehill

Hi everyone

I am new to the forum so please be gentle with me :D

I have some cleaning experience (though mostly in offices/health clubs) and have applied for the post of Train Presentation Operative - Hull Botanic Gardens (Northern Rail) and wonder if anyone can help with a couple of questions.

The advert doesn't say anything about the hours/shifts. I am assuming it is a 40 hour post? Does anyone know what shift patterns might be required or any other details about the role?

I realise it is a bit silly applying for a job without fully knowing what it entails but the closing date is today and I didn't want to miss it. I also realise now that my application could have been improved upon, so not much chance of being considered any way for this vacancy, but at least I will learn for next time if anything similar is advertised.

Many thanks for reading.

Hello and welcome.

You get to know your hours and shifts if you get the job and you've passed your medical.

You will get more responses if you put train presentation operative in the main subject, makes it easy for others in that role to find you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nella52

Hello Dave333

Thanks for the info and advice. Subject now amended, hopefully :D

Clip

Established Member
Hello and welcome, as the above poster informed oyu you will be informed of your shifts when you enquire at the interview however there are generally 2 types of train cleaners - turnaround and depots(well 3 if they do any on train cleaners) and most of the depot stuff will be at night and turnaround during the day - though Im sure they have some cleaners on during the day to do train cleaning when trains come out of peak service.

Nella52

Thanks for your replies everyone.
I got quite excited earlier when I had a message to say that I was invited to take the online numerical assessment. Unfortunately I have just been told that I didn't make the grade :( I hadn't realised how hard it would be.

Anyway, upwards and onwards. Will try again in 6 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.