• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Help - DB Delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuartmoss

Hi All,

I'm currently at Gelnhausen, I was on the ICE to Frankfurt Airport, where I'm meant to be changing trains for the ICE to Düsseldorf Airport. Some poor soul has thrown them self in front of the train in front of the one I'm on, so everything has ground to a halt. I will likely miss my flight back to the UK tonight from Düsseldorf. I will need to claim on my insurance if I miss the flight and need to book another one for tomorrow, but how will I get evidence of my delay from DB for insurance reasons? Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
Failing that, there should be a Service point at concourse level at F-Flughafen.

fandroid

Established Member
If I remember correctly there's also a DB Reiseburo at Duesseldorf Flughafen station (the one on the mainline, not the S-Bahn station under the terminal). Depending on how late you arrive there, they should be able to help.

stuartmoss

So did you make it? ☺

No unfortunately I didn't make it. After being delayed for 2 hours at Gelhausen, and then put on another train for a diversionary route form Gelhausen to Frankfurt via rural Bavaria (which took 90 minutes) I missed my flight check-in by 10 minutes.

I'm now £250 down as I had to buy a new flight for the day after and stop in a hotel. I've got a form to fill in for DB and a stamp on my ticket to say that I was delayed. When I fill the form in for DB and send it off, I'm going to ask them for a letter explaining that my train was late, which I can then send to my insurance company. It's going to be a bit of a faff I think, but hopefully will work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.