• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

HELP - Group Bourdon Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

richardmoore

Hi everyone

This Thursday I have an assessment in Cardiff for the position of conductor. After talking to many people I was informed that I will have to sit this "Group Bourdon" test.

Can someone tell me the best place to practice this test by pasting a link. Or if possible e-mail me a copy of this test my e-mail address is [email protected]

Thanking you in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

First class

Established Member
The Arriva Conductor test is SCAAT, not GB.

It is NOT the dots, but a series of shapes/letters and you have to correctly identify the pattern. Effectively, the exam will tell you what shape to look for. When the exam controller says "Change" you must immediately move onto the next row.

The "Preparing yourself for conductor assessment" booklet dated Jan 2010 that they should have sent out to you shows you. If you have not received that booklet, contact them immediately. It also contains "the verbal test", "ticket selling and checking test" and the SCAAT.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
The SCAAT test is reasonably easy, definitely get some practice though, and the group bourdon tests on the internet are helpful in this as well. Remember accuracy is important over speed but you do have to get as much as you can done - don't worry if you don't fill the page, i'd be worried if you did!

richardmoore

Thank you, all of you here have helped me more than I could have wished for. As soon as I am informed of my result of the assessment day I will post it here.

Fingers crossed, I am working really hard for this day. For the next two days I will be doing as much research as possible. However, when I get there I will be myself that is all I can be.

Again, thanking all who has helped me.

Status
Not open for further replies.