• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Help - King's Cross Underground

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee_Again

Hi all,

I've searched all over for the answer to this...and failed. Please help?

The public lift that goes from the Northern Line platforms to the old ticket hall (I think it's lift G) passes a non-passenger passage at about the 1/2 way point. I understand that this is a safety requirement due to the depth of the shaft. My question is, where is the other end of the passage? I can't see any obvious exists in the other passage ways.

I think there is an old lift and staircase that presumably uses the orginal lift shafts. I did some basic 'step' counts and concluded they surface in the private/staff area behind the old ticket hall ticket machines. Maybe the passage links to some emergency stairs in that shaft.

Thank you in advance,

Lee

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
The public lift that goes from the Northern Line platforms to the old ticket hall (I think it's lift G) passes a non-passenger passage at about the 1/2 way point. I understand that this is a safety requirement due to the depth of the shaft. My question is, where is the other end of the passage? I can't see any obvious exists in the other passage ways.

There's also the possibility that it connects to lift B, that's the fire brigade access lift that isn't shown on the normal public diagrams.

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Let's not forget that of all places on the Underground system Kings Cross is the most likely to have a belt and braces policy, squared, in relation to fire safety, and quite rightly so.

Status
Not open for further replies.