• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Help me with my EPQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The_Train

Established Member
I can see how people might be offended when your opening question is

"What area of the UK do you live"
North (Liverpool/Manchester area)
The actual North (Newcastle area)
South (everywhere else)
Wales
Scotland
Ireland
Not the UK

How can this offend?
And in what way can it offend someone that much for them to take the time to write 'f**k yourself' when someone is simply trying to complete some work?

I'd like to say that I'm surprised by it, but to be honest I'm not. There has been a notable decline in the quality of posts and the ability of some people to hold a decent debate on this forum just lately. It is basically one big competition of who claims to know the most, meaning most are always right and lo and behold anyone who dares to question them.

Interestingly, I've found it strange that I've met so many people whilst out and about and I'm still yet to come across one who posts on here (or admit to it anyway). Lots tell me about another forum that they post on though......maybe today is the light bulb moment for me as to why that is.

Sorry for hijacking your thread to have a rant Sam but keyboard warriors really do annoy me. I answered your questions to the best of my ability (which isn't all that great haha) and wish you all the best with it

SamBellhouse

How can this offend?
And in what way can it offend someone that much for them to take the time to write 'f**k yourself' when someone is simply trying to complete some work?

I'd like to say that I'm surprised by it, but to be honest I'm not. There has been a notable decline in the quality of posts and the ability of some people to hold a decent debate on this forum just lately. It is basically one big competition of who claims to know the most, meaning most are always right and lo and behold anyone who dares to question them.

Interestingly, I've found it strange that I've met so many people whilst out and about and I'm still yet to come across one who posts on here (or admit to it anyway). Lots tell me about another forum that they post on though......maybe today is the light bulb moment for me as to why that is.

Sorry for hijacking your thread to have a rant Sam but keyboard warriors really do annoy me. I answered your questions to the best of my ability (which isn't all that great haha) and wish you all the best with it

no worries, i value your opinions

Done. Good luck on your EPQ. A 9 in Geography is good - it's more than A*.

ComUtoR

Established Member
How can this offend?

Because people tend to get overly offended about where they live. The North or the Actual North could offend people.

Because, the internet is anonymous. It's been happening for years and slowly getting worse as the use of social media increases.

Who is to say that it was someone on this forum who posted the message ? or even someone who posted in the thread ? Some people view the thread and fill the survey out without posting and I don't think this is the only place the survey was linked; especially as Sam stated everyone here was nice.

I think you'd have to be a little bit of a snowflake to be actually offended by that. Also, knowing the context of who wrote the questions, a bit of leaway should be given as not everyone is as worldly wise as everyone else at that age.

'Snowflake' is accepted to be a derogatory word. Unfortunately, we seem to live in a world where people will get upset over the slightest thing and take offense to everything.

The_Train

Established Member
Who is to say that it was someone on this forum who posted the message ? or even someone who posted in the thread ? Some people view the thread and fill the survey out without posting and I don't think this is the only place the survey was linked; especially as Sam stated everyone here was nice.

Oops, I misread Sam's post. It does clearly state the opposite of my argument (where is the head in hands emoji when you need it haha).

I'll put it down to the diesel fumes from the 170 I was on at the time although I still stand by a lot of what I said about this hobby even if it doesn't relate to the post I quoted.

Well done everyone for being so nice on Sam's questionnaire :lol::D:E

Status
Not open for further replies.