• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Help needed to restore CEP at Pontypool & Blaenavon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

465fan

Chaps and Chapettes,

This weekend (Saturday, Sunday, Monday) the EMU Preservation Society needs an awful lot of hands to help them with keeping ex 'CEP' unit 1198 fully up to scratch at the Pontypool & Blaenavon.

This is the last weekend before a VERY important inspection by what should be our new line (subject to the unit just being in good condition outside and in).

So, the jobs needed:
- Painting of exterior
- Cleaning of interior
- Plywood fitment
- Single window replacement
- Any other minor duties

There isn't 'a lot' to do, but when you consider it's a band of 4 people working on it, you can see why the pressure is on.

Worst case scenario, we can't afford commercial storage as we MUST vacate the Pontypool & Blaenavon (along with other groups, that I can see), and the unit ends up basically having to be scrapped.

Best case scenario, we get loads of help, the thing looks absolutely incredible, and it moves to its new line. Suffice to say, those who appear will have their details taken so as to be the first to be invited to its first service(s) on the new line.

Emails of interest, or those in need of details, please to [email protected].

Nick.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

NightStar

Nick, I wish you guys the best of luck! I know how it can be trying to save a historic rail car from the scrappers. I've been there and failed here in the states. This is no small task and has to be taken seriously. From the list you provided it looks like you have a fairly small list of repairs to do? Best of luck Mite!

Robert

Last edited:

MCW

do you mean the weekend of the 7/8/9 june? or this weeked which we are finishing? if the former, i might be able to help out, either way best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.