• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Help Please….Freight passing Woodsmoor Station.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul’s

Hi all, Please could anyone advise where I could obtain information about freight train running passed Stockport and Woodsmoor stations, onwards to Buxton . Just my grandson love for trains is demanding, and I end up in the bad corner if I miss time. thanks …

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

High Dyke

Established Member
One source is realtime trains. However, not all services operate, or may not run to time. It gives you an idea of services through Woodsmoor.

Peter C

Established Member
zz means runs only if required, and as they are all so marked, you might not see any!
I thought it was the (Q) bit which meant they run as required? ZZ is the 'TOC code' (as listed in the drop-down menu on the left of the RTT page) for freight services.

-Peter :)

Paul’s

Thank for the help, while I am getting use to the website, I have another question, the end column, Route Path Line has the following DMU , UDV , DHV , DF , DB , UDB , DM , DC. Was wondering there meanings…Thanks

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
zz means runs only if required, and as they are all so marked, you might not see any!
Looking at previous days this week, would it be fair to say that only a small handful of booked freight workings have actually run via Woodsmoor this week, i.e. those with timings against them.

Adrian Barr

Hi,

I think the usual daytime runners through Woodsmoor are the Peak Forest to Hope Street (Salford) and return stone trains, also the evening empties from Ashburys to Dowlow run that way.

If the morning train 6J46 (Peak Forest - Hope St) runs, then the return working will probably be the 6H56, due through Stockport at 16:10 then via Woodsmoor.
On the search linked above for Woodsmoor, 6J46 passed Woodsmoor this morning at 10:03, but it doesn't run every day.

The Ashburys - Dowlow train in the evening is a regular runner Monday to Friday, due through Stockport 19:55, taking the line all the way through to Buxton and on to Dowlow.

If you search on Realtime trains for trains at Ashburys S.S. or Hope St Peakstone P.Sdgs (all day) you can see if the outward workings have run, they should show a time in bold once they've arrived. If you look at Ashburys S.S. and click on the train from Dowlow, it has real time reports (in bold) at Peak Forest, so the return empties should run through Woodsmoor tonight.

Veteran Member
Thank for the help, while I am getting use to the website, I have another question, the end column, Route Path Line has the following DMU , UDV , DHV , DF , DB , UDB , DM , DC. Was wondering there meanings…Thanks
They are code for the particular line the train uses, each part of which has a specific "label" to avoid confusion, especially where signallers cover a wide area.
U is Up (here = away from Manchester) and D Down, UD is Up and Down.
At Hazel Grove B is Buxton and HV or V Hope Valley - beyond that I'd be guessing as it's not my area! Fortunately Woodsmoor is straightforward....

Status
Not open for further replies.