• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

nutter

I have an interview for Network rails apprentiship scheme (Signalling engineering Technician and I'm SOOOOOO nervous. It's at my local depot (wolverhampton Cornhill). Any advice on how to get rid of nerves and any other advice will be more than welcome

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AlexS

Established Member
Watch out for the roof - Network Rail's Wolves depot is a converted grain warehouse and looks a bit dodgy structurally (no change there for all thing NR then). Har, local knowledge eh, I live one stop down the line from you nutter.

nutter

You Live in Bilbrook Don't you. Fancy a meet in Wolves soon (short of cash), and anyone else is welcome.

I was wondereing if that was just the oil stores or something because it does look doggy, I did a recce yesterday when it as all shut up

<< I've been promoted <<

H

HR2

Stay calm. Don't try and look as if you know it all. Take your time with answers and you should be fine. Good luck lad.

David

Established Member
Alcohol is a good thing in moderation (just don't get drunk the night before you have to get up at 5 in the morning - not good).

Anyway, things appear to have gone well for you, congratulations so far.

Simming

Harry Potter said:
Alcohol is a good thing in moderation (just don't get drunk the night before you have to get up at 5 in the morning - not good).

On the both recent occasions when ive had to get up quite early the next day, my good friends have bought me too many drinks that night before!

there are other things that can calm you down, but best not get into detail about those either ;)

Also, another thing thats always best is some anti diahorrea pills, as you can always judge that you will be fine all day, but as soon as your name is called.... :pottytra:

nutter

It wasn't that bad, it was surprisingly informal (railways for certain then). Looking back I didn't do to well but I gave it my best. They threw me off at the start (well, tried and failed) by delaying the interview by 30mins (late, railway trate again ;)) and then it was just a quick chat, I had that advice from another forum (treat it as a chat rather than an interview). Still lost a good liter of fluid from sweating though (glad I didn't have to shake my hand).

Status
Not open for further replies.