• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hendon Central to Mile End

Status
Not open for further replies.

gstudentg

I am confused as to which zones I should top up for a weekly travelcard for an 18+ from Hendon Central to Mile End. Which zone shall I top up for? Is it Zones 1 to 4 (as my daughter will be going from Hendon Central & changing to the Circle line from Tottenham Court Road and getting off at Mile End Station)?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

higthomas

You only need zones 1-3 as Hendon Central is in zone 3 (as well as zone 4)

gstudentg

You only need zones 1-3 as Hendon Central is in zone 3 (as well as zone 4)
So, I could either top up for a weekly travelcard for an 18+ for Zones 1-3 or Zones 1-4? I suppose topping up for Zones 1-3 is the way to go as its £27.90, rather than £34.20 for Zones 1-4?

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
So, I could either top up for a weekly travelcard for an 18+ for Zones 1-3 or Zones 1-4? I suppose topping up for Zones 1-3 is the way to go as its £27.90, rather than £34.20 for Zones 1-4?
For this journey you only need zones 1-3.

If you were travelling from north of Hendon to Hendon then you wouldn't need zone 3 because the dual zoning means that only the zone you travel through is required.

PeterC

Established Member
Zone 1 to 3 is all she needs for the regular journey. She can load up a small PAYG balance if she intendeds to make any out of zone journeys.

gstudentg

For this journey you only need zones 1-3.

If you were travelling from north of Hendon to Hendon then you wouldn't need zone 3 because the dual zoning means that only the zone you travel through is required.
Thank you, appreciate the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.