• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Here's another, where is this, photograph

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only information I have on the back of this photograph is 19 August 1972....

xzdd.jpg

--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
And another, the info on here is simply 28-6-74.....

8dj8.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The Planner

Veteran Member
Somewhere with a big motorway viaduct in the background that was there by 72.

David Barrett

The lower photograph in post 1 is Moreton in Marsh.
One more for today....

The only info is the name of the engine, 45254 and nothing else....

tpla.jpg

Looking at the signals and wooden building I'd say somewhere L.N.W. Taking a wild stab perhaps Birmingham New Street?

Jonny

Established Member
Top one looks like the Dundee area, probably around Magdalen Yard; this being the area where the Tay Bridge (rail) rises above ground level, the road in the background being the Tay Road Bridge.

David Barrett

More like Manchester Central (CLC).

Although I am frequently wrong, I don't think that it resembles Manchester Central at all looking at the trainshed construction.
It's just clicked, Manchester Piccadilly, previously London Road with the through lines in the background.

fowler9

Established Member
I was going to ask if the first one somewhere between Sheffield and Rotherham near the M1. Just a wild guess to be honest.

David Barrett

I was going to ask if the first one somewhere between Sheffield and Rotherham near the M1. Just a wild guess to be honest.

No, I think that Jonny is quite correct in Saying Dundee; line towards Perth to the Left and towards the Tay Bridge on the viaduct.

Genocide

Top one is, I'd agree, Dundee.

The one with the Black 5 in is the former Manchester London Road - now Piccadilly. The loco and train are on what is now platform 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.