• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Heritage Liveries in Southend

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterC

Established Member
While driving through Hadleigh today I noticed buses with colours and branding for three former operators.

Westcliff on Sea and Eastern National were parked outside the First garage so I assume operated by them. The Eastern National branding was in the cream and green livery that I think was used on the open top buses. The third was in Southend Corporation colours with the borough coat of arms. I was driving so couldn't check if it was a First or an Arriva vehicle.

Does anybody know the reason for this outburst of nostalgia?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cnjb8

Established Member
While driving through Hadleigh today I noticed buses with colours and branding for three former operators.

Westcliff on Sea and Eastern National were parked outside the First garage so I assume operated by them. The Eastern National branding was in the cream and green livery that I think was used on the open top buses. The third was in Southend Corporation colours with the borough coat of arms. I was driving so couldn't check if it was a First or an Arriva vehicle.

That Southend Corporation bus is with Arriva

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th

The management of First Essex have historically had a thing for heritage liveries; the Westcliff decker replaced a Trident that had previously had the livery. There's also an NBC leaf green EN, an off white coach version, and a Badgerline era one at Colchester plus a Thamesway one.

Now, apologies if I'm being curmudgeonly, but it's not as if the First fleet is particularly well presented. You might think they'd have more important things to concentrate on. There's the old argument about tapping into some groundswell of nostagia but Thamesway? Really? It appeared in 1991 and was gone in not much more than 10 years.

PeterC

Established Member
That Southend Corporation bus is with Arriva
Makes sense as they took over the Corporation operation.

I saw the Westcliff vehicle first and initially thought that it was an independent resurrecting the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.