• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Heritage Railways - Storage of rolling stock and locomotives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Titfield

Established Member
I do ask myself the question if the owners of metal recycling facilities have any morals or scruples whatsoever.

How easy would it be for them to photograph all they "buy in" so their records could be checked.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I do ask myself the question if the owners of metal recycling facilities have any morals or scruples whatsoever.

How easy would it be for them to photograph all they "buy in" so their records could be checked.
To be fair they have tightened up things at our main local scrapyard over the last ten years (although I’m not sure about some of the smaller outfits).
You now have to show your driving license which they take a photo of, and they’ll only pay you directly into the bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.