• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hertfordshire bus services and tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Failed Unit

Established Member
The last 2 weeks I have needed to travel from Welwyn Garden City - St Albans by bus. I can totally understand why you only do it if you have no choice. Depending on how far I want to walk I have 2x operators.

UNO - which when the operate seem to be very good. Reliable bus tracking. Reasonable time keeping. It is a shame the 601 is Monday - Friday and the 653 is too slow.

Arriva dreadful. 3 no-shows over my 6 day so far I have attempted to use them. 1 bus on diversion due to roadworks (so didn't pass my stop). Understandable, but it would be great to find that information. To be fair the cancellations you couldn’t see the bus on the tracker, but there was nothing to say it was cancelled either (rather then no tracker)

I use the company’s own sites to track and Herts council (IntraLink). Are there any other sites that people would recommend? Although if Arriva don’t update their own I suspect the information doesn’t exist.

Rant over but a very negative experience which won’t get me using the buses. I did often think about trying the 724 to Heathrow. Will stick with the train.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

markymark2000

On Moderation
I use the company’s own sites to track and Herts council (IntraLink). Are there any other sites that people would recommend? Although if Arriva don’t update their own I suspect the information doesn’t exist.
https://bustimes.org/map is very good as that shows all operators buses in one place. This doesn't show any cancellations though which the Arriva app shows. Also know that sometimes buses won't show up due to ticket machines playing up but similar would happen to buses not showing up on the Arriva App and Intalink website. For basic tracking the bus, I find bustimes is best just because it shows you all of the operators in one place but also if you click into a vehicle, you can see the journey history and so if there is a diversion on, you can go into it and check back for the past journeys if it went a different way (just be careful though, and only use the >< arrows as they are the tracking points and when you hover that gives you the time that the bus tracked at that point).

Status
Not open for further replies.